In an effort to Jump Start your performance in 2015 I suggest the following “best practices:”
In December of 2014:
Invest in your customers…This is the perfect time of year to thank internal stakeholders and align expectations for 2015. Facilitate a series of re-focus meetings with your customers.
Schedule January meetings…Spend the entire month of December booking appointments for January.
Do a Post-Mortem of 2014…What went well/What could have gone better? Ask your self what do I need to continue to do in 2015, what should I stop doing and what should I start doing?
Organize/Prioritize…Clean up the office, finish expense reports, empty the in box, organize your files, etc.Resolve to start the New Year with a strong foundation for success.
Also, execute the following Productive Selling actions:
- Increase the amount of time you spend on prospecting/new business development activities by one hour/day
- Increase the number of qualified prospects in your pipeline by 20% by the end of 2014
- Improve your close rate by 5% over the next 30-days
- Increase your share of wallet with existing customers by 10% by the end of 2014
- Generate four referrals from existing customers by the end of 2014
- Increase your average order size by 10% effective immediately
- Shrink your sales cycle by 15 days by the end of 2014
- Close one significant competitive take-away account between now and the end of 2014
- “Win back” one former customer per quarter in 2015