Research shows that the five most common recruiting mistakes are:
1. Not having a Detailed Hiring Profile/Job Description
2. Hiring the “Best” of the “Worst”
3. Putting too much Weight on “First Impressions”
4. Telling Too Much
5. Hiring on One Primary Characteristic
If you want to hire good employees (versus hiring good interviewees) ask situational or behavioral interview questions such as:
– What attracted you to this opportunity?
– How did you prepare for this interview?
– Describe your job search activities.
– What would you do in the first 30-days to build your pipeline?
– How do you qualify/disqualify opportunities?
– Describe your time/territory management process.