Driving Sales Productivity
We’ve found that professional sales teams rarely suffer from a lack of effort. However, the disparity between effort and positive result is quite common. So what gets in the way? Is it the marketplace? Is it the competition? Could it be because of poor processes internally? Is it because there’s ineffective training? Is it because there’s too much turnover? It’s either because some or all of the above!
We know that many companies invest in the professional development of their sales teams, but become frustrated when they don’t generate the desired results. The fact is that sales organizations are only productive when there is a convergence of effort and positive results. Real productivity in a sales process is recognizable and measurable because productive processes have specific characteristics. The most successful sales organizations are defined by the following characteristics:
- Customer-Focused Strategy
- That permeates the entire sales/service organizations
- Standardized Processes
- Competitive Differentiation/Unique Value Proposition
- Sell Products/Services at Full Market Value
- Accurate Forecasting
- From a sales, revenue and profit perspective
- Hire, Train and Integrate Salespeople
- Who become productive in a matter of weeks rather than months
- Keep their Best Employees
- Retain and Cross-Sell Existing Customers
- Improve Customer Satisfaction Levels
- Continually Improve Sales Process/Sales Cycle Productivity
- Measure the improvement on a regular basis
Back to top
When these characteristics are integrated throughout a sales organization, a level of performance is achieved that we call the Productive Selling Zone®. When you’re in the Zone, effort and positive results converge at every step in the sales process, improving profitability, employee satisfaction and customer retention!
Last year in February I sold $8800 for the month. Pest control is a tough sell in the Midwest in winter. This February I closed over $23,000 using tools I learned during your workshop. I would endorse anyone looking to improve their sales to go to one of your workshops. The tools provided in the workshop helped me close several people that had been on the fence. It also helped me close several deals in a much shorter time frame. If participants pay attention they will get more than their money’s worth!
Thank you for your help!
Ralph Hibbard Jr; Orkin Commercial Services
Back to top